Pages

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Crafty Entertaining: DIY Matchbooks!

I'm still pouring over pictures from our wedding. Stephen Blackmon and Kim Graham photographed for us (both based in Charleston), and they did an absolutely fantastic job. I'm debating putting together a special part of this blog for simple crafting and entertaining (incorporating some of the fun wedding-related projects), but until then, I wanted to share one of the fun, inexpensive, and oh-so-easy elements of our wedding... paper matchbooks!

To accent our sparkler send-off, I ordered white matchbooks from Amazon (for under $4). Using an opened matchbook as a template, I used scrap paper from our save-the-date envelopes (which I hand-lined with mismatched Amy Butler paper, to cut out paper covers, which I then attached using double-stick tape.

So easy, right? The perfect special little element for under $5. I can't wait to re-use the idea for baby and wedding showers, Christmas parties (cover with wrapping paper as a little favor? yes, please!)... endless possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment